Saturday, December 19, 2015

abandon hope(well)

Farewell, Hopewell.
It's good to know such a place exists, filled with sunshine and glow worms and lovely people from all over the world. 

On the boat to pick up my car, Mike said if he were rich, he'd run it for free. 
The narrow road to Picton is filled with twists and turns. Lots of timber being shipped every which way. 
I like these two, having a picnic. He gave me a piece of toffee. 
An American, a cyclist I met at a scenic viewpoint, directed me to the Dutch bakery in Picton, full of Christmas treats. 
It was a block from the Villa where I once passed a happy week drinking Marlborough wine, hiking the Queen Charlotte Track in the rain, and watching Keanu Reeves videos. 
My ship. Mostly freight. Interislander is the government-owned ferry while Bluebridge is the pirate-themed upstart. 
Now we're wending our way through the Marlborough Sounds and Cook Strait to Wellington.  
See you next time, South Island. 


No comments:

Post a Comment