Saturday, December 26, 2015

bird's eye

Here is the kind of day I had:
When I took the vehicle ferry to Rawene, the conductor only charged me one way even though I was going round-trip. 
He also charged a huge family a rate equivalent to half as many people. The dad asked where I was from and then said it was their first time in the area. 
The recommended gallery cafe across Hokianga Bay was closed so I drove into Kohukohu in search of my 3 pm flat white. The pretty outdoor cafe was closing up. The owner made me a coffee anyway. 
I'm staying in a treehouse. Did I mention that? It's surrounded by birds and trees and sunshine. 
I met Saskia sitting on a beanbag chair near the kitchen and ended up enjoying the views and catching up with her and her partner over dinner. 
The view from the top is breathtaking. 
Right? 
Right. 









No comments:

Post a Comment